Monday, June 19, 2006

A battle of the bottle openers

Perennial favourite, BoingBoing, has a post with a link to video (YouTube) of what they call "the Scandinavian way" of opening beer bottles. Let me just say, for the record, that this is merely one of the ways Samoans open bottles. The bottle opening repetoire here is quite expansive. In my time I've seen the following items employed to do the work: other beer bottles, spoons, knives, forks, table edges, lighters, seatbelts and teeth. With the exception of teeth I've pretty much used all of them too. I keep trying to convince one of my work colleagues to try and open a beer bottle with his eye socket, but thus far he's been reluctant. Can't imagine why.

We see your bottle opening way Scandinavia and are not impressed. Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt.

No comments: